This is your chance to be part of the Speaking Business Summit 2024.
This year’s theme for the PSA and the Speaking Business Summit 2024 is #StandOut. We are on the lookout for a select group of speakers to bring Summit 2024 to life with this theme. If your focus is on #StandOut marketing, sales, stagecraft, expert customer service, stage presence or delivery, your PSA community needs you to share your skills.
This is your invitation to apply to speak at the Summit in Gloucestershire, UK. We have spaces for a few keynote speakers, workshop and training facilitators and speakers to take part in the Ask the Experts session. We also need a couple of after-dinner speakers and MCs to help us run the event.
The Summit will take place from 18-20 October 2024. We’ll focus on unlocking the secrets to becoming a #StandOut speaker, giving our members the essential powers they need to master for their speaking businesses to thrive.
If you can support us in our goal, we want to hear from you.
Can you answer some of the questions that your fellow speakers often ask?
- Why should bookers hire me?
- How do I get more well-paid gigs?
- How can I show potential clients that I can exceed their expectations?
- What’s the best way to #StandOut on stage?
If you can and have the skills to help other speakers #StandOut, it’s time to apply to be a speaker at next year’s Summit. All the details are here on the dedicated Call for Speakers page. You don’t yet have to have bought your ticket, but you will need to buy a ticket for the event (with a nice speakers’ discount.)
We look forward to seeing your application.
Applicants are welcome to apply to deliver in a range of formats – workshops, trainings, 10 minute ‘bite size’ sessions, panel discussions and (very few) keynotes. Applicants are invited to indicate their preferred format – please note that there are only a small number of keynote slots to be filled so those only selecting keynote are less likely to be selected.
Applicants are also invited to apply to be an MC/Compere.
You can apply to speak on one or two topics. If selected, you will only be booked to speak for one session. Please note that the session you are booked for may vary to one you have applied for.
The theme for this year is ‘#StandOut’ – preference is given to applications that clearly state the actionable takeaways that delegates will be able to implement quickly to improve their business or speaking ability.
The speakers will be chosen on the following criteria:
- A focused response to the listed topic
- Proven credibility and expertise in this area
- Clear, practical, specific takeaways for delegates
- Innovative and creative approaches to delivery, especially those harnessing new formats, use of technology and innovative audience engagement tools.
- Video (ideally a YouTube channel) that proves their stage skills
- Two proposers who can vouch for your expertise, stage skills and professionalism as a speaker
- Some of the questions require longer answers. You may find it useful to prepare these answers ‘offline’ and copy/paste into the form.
- You can save your progress and come back later. Use the link at the bottom.
- Deadline for submissions is 11:59pm UK time on Friday 15th December 2023. The form will automatically close at this time so be sure to submit your application well in advance.