This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Website and The Professional Speaking Association (the PSA), the owner(s) of this Website. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
1. Definitions and interpretation
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;
“The Professional Speaking Association” and “the PSA” means The Professional Speaking Association whose registered office is 2 Upperton Gardens, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 2AH;
“Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that the PSA makes available through the Website either now or in the future;
“System” means any online communications infrastructure that the PSA makes available through the Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
“User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by the PSA and acting in the course of their employment; and
“Website” means the website that you are currently using (speakingbusinesssummit.com) and pages related to the Speaking Business Summit 2023 hosted by out ticketing software (eventsframe.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Intellectual property
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of the PSA, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other relevant laws.
- Subject to sub-clause 2.3 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by the PSA.
- Material from the Website may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
- All orders to purchase tickets for the Speaking Business Summit 2023 are made subject to these Terms & Conditions (which shall apply to the exclusion of any terms imposed by you).
- You must be at least 18 years old to purchase tickets for the Speaking Business Summit 2023 and have legal capacity to be bound by these terms.
- All applications to purchase tickets for the Speaking Business Summit 2023 are subject to availability and you making full payment at the time of purchase.
- Ticket prices for attending the Speaking Business Summit 2023 conference are set out on the order form. Prices may be subject to change from time to time.
- It may be necessary for reasons beyond our reasonable control to alter the advertised content, timing and/or location of the conference or the advertised speakers. We reserve the right to do this at any time. Where we alter the time and/or location of the conference, we will provide you with notice of the same and will offer you the choice of either a credit for a future event of your choice (up to the value of sums paid by you in respect of the conference) or the opportunity to attend the conference as varied.
- If you are unable to attend the conference we welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no extra cost provided that we have at least 2 days prior notice of the name of your proposed substitute and have received payment in full. Please notify us of any substitutions by email at: [email protected]
- No refunds will be given in respect of any cancellations or non-attendance.
- We shall not be liable to you for travel, accommodation or other costs and expenses incurred (included wasted costs and expenses) if we are required to cancel or relocate the conference as a result of an event outside our control.
- All rights in all presentations, documentation and materials published or otherwise made available as part of the Speaking Business Summit 2023 are owned by us or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights. No (i) photography, filming or recording; or (ii) republication, broadcast or other dissemination is permitted. You shall not distribute, reproduce, modify, store, transfer or in any other way use any of the presentations, documentation and materials.
- You shall at all times comply with any rules, policies and procedures of the venue of the Speaking Business Summit 2023, including all health and safety policies and procedures and all reasonable instructions of the venue staff and PSA representatives. The PSA reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude or remove from the Speaking Business Summit 2023 any delegate whose presence in the PSA’s opinion is or is likely to be undesirable without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to the PSA.
- The PSA may (at its sole discretion) cancel the Speaking Business Summit 2023 at any time for any reason and shall in such event reimburse your ticket cost where payment has been received full with no further liability.
4. Links to other websites
This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of the PSA or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- The PSA makes no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Service.
- No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- While the PSA uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, all Users are advised to take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
7. Availability of the Website and modifications
- The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- The PSA accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
- The PSA reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, the products and/or services available. These Terms and Conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
8. Limitation of liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the PSA accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Website and its Content at their own risk.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts the PSA’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of the PSA.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977. However, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
9. No waiver
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
10. Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
11. Third party rights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any rights upon any third party. The agreement created by these Terms and Conditions is between you and the PSA.
- All notices / communications shall be sent to us either by post to our Premises (see address above) or by email to [email protected] Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
13. Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and the PSA shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and the PSA and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.